Wednesday, 23 September 2026

23/09/26 08:55 to 12:10

NEW IN - A juvenile male Ruff was the first noteable bird on arrival. It was feeding along the shorelone for most of the morning although I couldn't see it as I was leaving.

Ruff - juvenile male

Duck numbers were up with at least 98 Teal and 10 Gadwall now but also 3 Pintail which are the first I've seen this year.

Pintail

Arriving a bit later this morning I was still there as the gulls started to arrive late morning. I counted 74 Lesser Black-backed Gulls and with them a single adult Yellow-legged Gull.

Yellow-legged Gull with Lesser Black-backs

A juvenile Peregrine made a brief visit and a Red Kite glided over the hillside.

The weather was poor, mainly cloudy with a strong westerly breeze with frequent rain showers so it was difficult to locate small birds but I managed at least 4 Chiffchaff but no hirundines today and only a couple of Meadow Pipit.

No comments:

Post a Comment